Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Saturday, August 14, 2010

A trip to Laughlin and the Grand Canyon.

Because there just wasn't enough time to go to Yosemite park like we had originally planned, the folks took us to the Grand Canyon which was great because neither Juan nor I had ever been there before. We went to Grand Canyon West which is on native American property and actually costs a pretty penny just to get on the reservation. Once there Juan and I did the famous sky walk, which was a little terrifying.



We had a nice afternoon walking the unguarded rim and seeing one of the worlds biggest natural wonders. Thanks to my training in Tokyo, I was all prepared with SPF 50, lots of water and my trusty SPF parasol. Unfortunately not everyone in our party fared so well and we left after a few hours for the sanctuary of air conditioning and iced beverages.

Later that evening we went back to our hotel in Laughlin and enjoyed the evening with a buffet and a few games of Cosmic Bowling. It was a great little trip. Thanks Sue and Dad for everything!

The only thing we regret is not opening up that gas station/ car wash at the end of the 15 mile unpaved road you had to take to get onto the reservation.

1 comment:

Michael Espinoza said...

It's been awhile since I have seen your blog but it's nice to see you are still having lots of fun. I also recently went on the Sky Walk and was also a bit scared. But it's worth the adrenaline, haha. Anyways I just wanted to say hi and see how your adventures were going. Take care and keep us updated.